Paws Shelter has a couple employment opportunites! Please pass this on to anyone who may be interested!
Part -Time to Full-Time Kennel Technician/Animal Care Technician
Must be available to work 8-7pm Tuesday – Friday and 8-5pm Saturday-Monday. Weekend shifts will be required for Full Time position.
Primary duties involve the care of the animals and the maintenance of our facility. Technician will be responsible for feeding, letting out, exercising, cleaning up after (inside and out) and bathing the animals in our care. Daily activity sheets are to be followed and turned in at the end of each day to the kennel manager.
- Cleans and disinfects areas occupied or used by animals
- Assists in the general maintenance of the facility as directed.
- Feeds and waters the animals
- Observes animals to detect injuries and or illness and notify immediately
- Bathes animals
- Assists animal control officers in penning of animals
- Exercise animals in the play yards and rotate so that everyone has a chance to go out.
- Ensure that proper identification and paperwork is placed on the animals’ kennel.
- Working with customers and answer questions as they arise.
- Maintain positive customer experience and good public visibility
- May be required to operate shelter vehicles for off site purposes
- May be asked to train volunteers and community service workers
- May be asked to run errands to veterinary offices and other suppliers
- Additional duties may be required at the discretion of the supervisor
Specific Job Skills and Physical Abilities:
- This work is performed in a kennel setting, which is often noisy. Some of the work may be physically demanding and unpleasant. Some duties may be very stressful. Employees may be exposed to injury, disease and/or infection from the animals they attend. Animals must be cared for daily, therefore shift rotation is employed, hours can be irregular and you must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Employee will be required to do lifting of up to 60 pounds.
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend directions, labels and description/instructions
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Texas driver’s license with a good driving record
Email cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
You Amplified PAWS! PAWS Shelter and Humane Society received
117 donations totaling $8,325!
Your generous support will ensure we can save even more lives in 2013 and continue our “No-Kill” mission. We truly appreciate your support!
Thank you Amplify Austin Donors!
MarciaSanderson – Kelly Geddis – Ronald Schatzlein – Lori Hornback – Michael Lieblich – Monica Dangler – Nicole Grisham Steven Vogel – Mary Bailey – Toni Cook – Susan Hardin – Jeffrey Lazar – Cristy Erickson – Lawrence Chabira – John Monroe Bradley Patterson – Barbara Hass – Kelli Keenan – Candace Blake Carol Harris – Hugh Winkler – Stephanie Bledsoe – Robert, Jennifer Anna Sanderson – Garcia – Lucy Davis – Brandie Cole – Stacy Partin – Judith Miklaw Brenda Miele – Debbie Brooks Travis Sibby Barrett – Patricia Saunders – Mary Halenza – Julie King – Susie Frankenberger – Marie Funston – Joyce Ruff – Judy Grunger – Michele Price – Kathryn Alger – Jennifer Lehman – Claudia Bohm Darlene Mack – Melanie Cambron – Janice Wycoff Michelle Ducote Patrick Cox Heather Aidala – John Kish – Kitty Hicks – J Rodney Estrada – William Leake Katherine Bowman Arlene Green – Charles Savournin – Laurie Gonzales Robert Fleetwood – Marc Brown – Patrice Soskins – Rachel Heaern – Emily Clark – Varina Clark – Doucet & Associates – Cristina Escobar – Darden Deviney – Kathryn Neu Charlene Urwin Teresa O’Neill – Cynthia Young – Vickie Dodson – Darla Buckner Lindsey Venable – Kelly Burns Dawn Blackmon – Tom and Elaine Walsh – Wesley Whitaker – Rosalie Nicholls – Jennifer and John Paul Meiners – Cathy Adkins Sandra Ballesteros – Treva Rumbeck – David Pasztor – Carol Eskew – Hannah Huckaby – John Sanderson – Jennifer Cao – HomeAway Rafael Garcia Robyn Christensen – Jes Golka Tina Thaxton – Kate Kniejski – Melinda Ruby – Michelle Overton – Sharon Roy – Melissa Simpler – Hayden Geller – Mary Jo Campbell Melanie Palmer – Sara Young – Marilyn and Doug Oakes – Anthony Vogel William Dalby – Cynthia Wallace – Alyssia Chapman – Cory Ferguson
Dear Friends of PAWS Shelter:
Help PAWS Shelter and Humane Society on Amplify Austin Day!
What: Amplify Austin Giving Day
When: March 4, 7pm – March 5, 7pm
Where: Amplify Austin
How it Works: Bookmark our page on Amplify Giving Day and return this evening at 7pm to donate to PAWS Shelter and Humane Society. All donations to PAWS Shelter must be made with a credit/debit card through our profile on Amplify Austin’s online giving center.
Click Here to bookmark our page and return tonight, after 7pm, for Amplify Austin Giving Day to donate to PAWS Shelter and Humane Society, and watch your gift grow!
If you’ve been considering donating to us this year – or even if you’ve already made a gift this year – MArch 4th – March 5th is a great time to give, because the more you give, the more PAWS Shelter and Humane Society receives from Amplify Austin sponsors!
In 2012 PAWS Shelter and Humane Society saved 15% more lives than in 2011 and we want to save even more lives in 2013, but we need YOUR help!
Kitten and puppy season is almost upon us with orphaned pets being the largest group of animals entering local municpal shelters.
Our goal is to raise $10,000 during Amplify Austin so we can save more than 200 additional orphaned animals in 2013.
Return to our Amplify Austin page between 7pm on MArch 4th and 7pm on March 5th to donate to PAWS Shelter and Humane Society through Amplify Austin, and save more lives in Central Texas!
Thanks for all you do to support PAWS.
The PAWS Team
Hi Friends of PAWS Shelter and Humane Society!
Amplify Austin is just 6 days away and PAWS Shelter is excited to be one of the charities entered in I Live Here, I Give Here’s Amplify Austin!
*Amplify Austin is a new 24-hour, online giving event to increase philanthropy in Central Texas.
This is an amazing opportunity for PAWS Shelter to raise much needed funds in our continued mission to save unwanted, orphaned and homeless pets in Central Texas. Our goal is to raise $10,000, which will TRIPLE the amount of orphaned animals we can save this year!
Tomorrow, is the last day you can sign-up to be an Individual Fundraiser for PAWS Shelter! It’s really easy and great for groups, small businesses or service organizations!!!
Go to www.amplifyATX.org. Scroll down to “Get Involved”. Find PAWS Shelter and Humane Society under individual Fundraiser Sign-up and Create Your Page!
Being an individual fundraiser makes it easy for you to share PAWS with your friends and family. Your page can be easily sent via email or social media with all monies raised benefiting PAWS!
Again, we are very excited to be one of the charities entered in Amplify Austin. Every life counts and this is just another step in our mission to save more helpless animals in Central Texas.
Hop on over to AmplifyATX.Org on March 4th at 7pm until March 5th at 7pm, search for PAWS Shelter and Humane Society, and give!
Thank you for your continued support of PAWS Shelter & Humane Society!
Volunteer Orientation at PAWS Shelter
- Saturday, February 16th – 3-4 PM
- Thursday, March 7th – 3-4 PM
- Saturday, March 16th – 3-4 PM
500 FM 150 East, Kyle TX
Being a volunteer can be more than just walking dogs or cuddling cats. We need volunteers for lots of other things too, like writing bios for the animals, creating event flyers, taking animals to adoption events and much more. Fill out a volunteer application and attend an orientation to begin helping PAWS save lives.
Saturday, February 9th 8AM-4PM
Emancipet Vaccination Clinic at PetCo Kyle
5100 Kyle Center Drive, Kyle, TX
Emancipet will be holding their first Walk-up Vaccination Clinic in Kyle.
It will be at the PetCo from 8am-4pm. No Appointment necessary.
- Rabies $11
- DHPP $11
- FVRCP $11
- FeLV $14
- Heartworm Test $15
- FeLV/FIV Test $20
- Heartworm Prevention $20-$30 for 6 month supply
- Frontline application $12
- Revolution application $12
- Microchip $15
- no spay/neuter surgeries will be performed
Saturday, February 9th – 10AM-2PM
Adoption Event at Tractor Supply
15555 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd, Buda, TX
Come out and see some of our adoptable pups at Tractor Supply in Buda.