Below are some of our most frequently asked questions. Other questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Is PAWS Shelter of Central Texas affiliated with any other PAWS shelters?
- PAWS Shelter of Central Texas has only two locations – Kyle and Dripping Springs. Although there are other shelters with the name PAWS, we are an independent, private organization and not affiliated with any other shelter locations.
Can you provide veterinary care or spay/neuter services for my pet?
- We do not offer veterinary services to the public, however:
- Emancipet is a low cost spay/neuter clinic with a mobile unit that covers the Austin and surrounding areas. www.emancipet.org
- PALS (Prevent A Litter) offers vouchers for those that qualify for free spay/neuter. You can complete an application at www.preventalitter.com
- Vanguard Veterinary Associates offers low-cost vaccinations. You can visit their website for hours and locations at www.lowcostvacc.com
I need to rehome my pet, can you take them?
- PAWS has limited space and resources, and therefore, is not an open intake facility. We do accept surrendered pets but there is a process. Please see our Rehoming & Assistance page for information on surrendering your pet.
I lost/found a pet, what do I do?
- PAWS is not a facility capable of accepting stray animals. If you have a lost or found pet, please click here for more information on what your next steps should be.
Does PAWS accept volunteers?
- Yes! PAWS volunteers are a very important to us. We need volunteers to help socialize the animals and increase their chances for adoption. For more information, visit our VOLUNTEER page.
I need to complete court or school ordered community service hours for a violation or offense, can I do my hours at PAWS?
- Yes. Community service workers must:
- Be 18 or older
- Be at the shelter by 9:00 AM (Kyle) or 10:00 AM (Dripping Springs) any day including weekends and holidays
- Plan on staying a minimum of four hours
- Wear closed toed shoes, something you don’t mind getting dirty, and be comfortable working around dogs and cats.
- Bring a picture ID with you day one.
- We are not able to provide community service for any violent or sexual offenses of any kind.
What are your hours?
- For our most current hours, please see our CONTACT page.
What do you need for donations?
- We can always use monetary donations which can be submitted on our DONATE page or mailed to PO Box 695, Dripping Springs, TX 78620.
- For physical donations, please see our WISHLIST page.