JOIN OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Annually the PAWS nominating committee solicits candidates to join our board of directors. Board terms are for three years. The Board of Directors exists to secure and promote the strategic vision, financial, legal, and ethical wellbeing of PAWS Shelter of Central Texas (PAWS) and to ensure that it fulfills its mission. Board members must be able to regularly participate and contribute to PAWS business.
We are currently accepting applications for three board positions to begin service in October 2020.
2020 Nomination Process & Timeline:
- August 22nd to September 22nd – Application period
- September 22nd – Last day to submit the application form
- September 22nd – October 2nd – Nominating Committee members interview candidates via phone or zoom
- October 5th – Board Candidates announced (all applicants will be notified via email the status of their application)
- October 6th – Existing Board of Directors make final selections of new board members
Board Member Qualifications
- Support PAW’s mission statement, goals and objectives
- Be creative and take initiative in the growth of PAWS
- Work well with fellow board members, but have the ability to work independently
- Meet deadlines and be an active board member
- Have daily access to email
- Be able to work at minimum one live or virtual event per year
- Bring a diverse background to the table with experience in other areas, such as marketing, social media, financial, operations, human resources,
fundraising or event management, grant writing, animal care, community engagement, etc.
- Review “Board of Directors – Duties, Qualifications and Responsibilities” PDF to gain an understanding of board member responsibilities to assess if board service is a good fit for you.
- Submit your Completed PAWS “Board Candidate Application and Questionnaire” by clicking this link to download a pdf or scroll down to complete the application online.
- Email pdf applications to firstname.lastname@example.org